Featured Post

July TeenTake & Make Craft: BEAD LIZARD

 This month have fun making a super cute Bead Lizard/Gecko you can turn into a keychain or lanyard. My Gecko: Isn't it cute? Kits are av...

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

What have you been up to lately?

Leave a comment and let us know what you've been enjoying lately, when you haven't been busy with school work.

I've been reading the Truly Devious series by Maureen Johnson.  I finished the first two books, Truly Devious and The Vanishing Stair, and now I'm starting the third book, The Hand on the Wall.  I'm loving this series! Its mystery takes place in a private boarding school for exceptional high school students in a remote area of Vermont. The current day story alternates with an unsolved kidnapping and murder that happened at the school in the 1930s.  True crime buff and gifted student Stevie comes to the school determined to solve the old mystery, but when things start going wrong with her current classmates she finds herself involved in that mystery as well.  I'm excited to wrap it all up in the final book, but I know I'm going to miss this series. What should I read next?

Have you read Truly Devious?  Are you reading anything else that's been holding your interest?
If you're having trouble concentrating on reading lately, that's understandable.  Have you found anything fun to do that helps you relax?

By the way, the Truly Devious books are available as ebooks or audiobooks to download on Libby or Overdrive.  Go to owwl.overdrive.com for more info.


Truly Devious - ebookThe Vanishing Stair - ebookTitle details for The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson - Wait list


Also, we miss you!


Stay safe and healthy, and keep in touch!

😊Dori
Teen Coordinator

2 comments:

  1. I read Truly Devious the summer before last, and I really enjoyed it. I read it before the rest of the series had been published, and I kind of forgot about it. This post was a great reminder that I can now finish reading the series! Yay! Right now I am almost done with the second book in The Hunger Games series. I am reading the series for the first time and I am really enjoying it. It is a fast paced and interesting story that definitely keeps my interest. I would absolutely recommend both The Hunger Games and the Truly Devious series to anyone who hasn’t read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sydney! Great to hear from you. I 'm still not done with The Hand on the Wall, but its good! You would think that being stuck at home I'd be able to get more reading done :)
      Enjoy the Hunger Games! It really is a great series. I'm jealous you get to read it for the first time.

      Delete